These are some screenshots from a hang glider mod I’m working on. I originally intended to release it for Arma 2, but the lack of pilot “IK” made it look horribly stiff. While the pilot animation still could need some work, I think it’s amazing what 2 memory points and 4 lines of config does (see video below).
2014-04-12 (version 0.4)
– Replaced hangglider assembly/disassembly with standard builtin version.
– Fixed issues with weapons (cluster bombs)
– Increased view angles slightly.
2014-01-08 (version 0.3)
– Fixed variometer sound not working in first person
– Removed disassemble option when inside vehicle
– Adjusted overall audio levels
– Added black hang glider variant (aka. Night Wing)
– Added Molotov cocktail
– Added Cluster bombs (Night Wing)
– Added Cluster mines (Night Wing)
– Hide FLAY_Thermal from editor (should use module instead)
2014-01-02 (version 0.2)
– Bundled pumpkin’s thermal/ridge lift script (thanks pumpkin).
– Fixed explosion on impact (thanks Sakura_Chan).
– Fixed smoke on damage (thanks super-truite).
– Fixed harness obstructing view in first-person.
– Fixed low poly wheels in first-person.
– Bundled Arma 2 wind noise (thanks BIS!)
– Clean-up scripts & config files.
– Variometer available as user action.
– Leaning animation forward & backward to gain reduce speed.
Space: Launch hang glider
Forward: Move forward (use shift to run)
Back: Move back.
Left: Move left (glider will fall over)
Right: Move right (glider will fall over)
Forward: increase speed (good for testing, may be removed)
Back: switch into landing state (holding back will decrease speed)
Shift+Space: Exit hang glider.
- Variometer is silent when in first-person view.
- Keys are not initialized properly when hang glider is spawned “flying” (i.e. not launched from ground).
- No transitions between animations yet.
- Possible to get stuck when exiting hang glider (“get in” usually takes care of it)
- Horrid walking animations (not sure what can be done about it)
- When doing a roll the pilot position flips over when going beyond 180 deg.
- Hang glider will stall when going below approx 45 km/h without chance of recovery (thanks froggyluv, Magirot).
- pumpkin for fn_soaring.sqf script (used in ridge lift module)
- Sakura_Chan and super-truite for help resolving config issues.
- BIS for a great game and excellent modding support.
- Everyone maintaining the BIKI. Can’t imagine what modding would be like without it.
- BRSSEB for the OFP Addon Tutorial Site
- Clayman for the Arma 2 Animation Viewer
- freesound for various sound effects.
It’s now licensed under APL-SA as it includes sound files from Arma 2.
FLAY HangGlider Mod v0.4